Leading the Way to Practice Transformation
Quality Insights has played a major role in the nation’s transition to electronic health records (EHRs), Meaningful Use and alternative payment models. We’ve moved from piloting e-health projects to assisting literally thousands of practices with the selection, implementation and Meaningful Use of EHRs. We're now helping practices transform their practices through the patient-centered medical home model (PCMH) and Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs).
While e-health has been a national priority since 2005, we’ve long recognized its potential to improve the quality and efficiency of health care. That’s why we’ve made a multi-year investment in supporting EHR adoption and Health Information Exchange.
Over the past decade, we have:
- Helped more than 7,000 physician practices adopt and meaningfully use EHRs through our Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center work in three states
- Offered extensive training and guidance to practices implementing the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) model
- Helped physicians in two states transition to participating in an Accountable Care Organization
- Founded and staffed e-health coalitions in the states we serve
- Studied the privacy and security implications of health information networks
- Completed a comprehensive consumer education campaign
- Led efforts to author West Virginia’s Roadmap to Health Information Exchange
Meanwhile, our five-state Medicare Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO) staff has established Learning and Action Networks to help physicians use their EHRs to improve preventive service utilization and care for patients with heart disease. We have also helped physicians accurately report information to CMS’ Physician Quality Reporting System.